Report on Campaign Against Illegal Drugs
On January 3, 2021 around 5:45PM, personnel of the Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) of Surigao City Police Station, conducted a buy-bust operation at Purok Baybay Parola, Boulevard, Brgy. Taft, Surigao City that resulted in the arrest of Chris James Ramirez Compe aka Tararat, male, 19 years old, single, unemployed and a resident of Sitio Balibayon, Brgy. Rizal, Surigao City and TRUE NAME WITHHELD, male, 14 years old, Grade 10 and a resident of Borromeo Street, Brgy. Taft, Surigao City. The arrested suspects were informed of their Constitutional Rights under the Miranda Doctrine and the Anti-Torture Law upon their arrest. Both suspects were newly identified drug personalities of Surigao City Police Station.
Confiscated items from the possession and control of suspects were listed as follows:
- Two (2) plastic sachets of suspected dried marijuana fruiting tops bought by the poseur-buyer from the suspects with an estimated weight of more or less 3.5 grams with the street price value of Five Hundred Pesos (P500.00);
- One (1) genuine Five Hundred Peso bill (P 500.00) marked money;
- Cash money worth One Hundred Seventy Pesos (P170.00);
- One (1) color Gold Vivo smartphone;
- One (1) white paper;
- One (1) white carton box;
- Four (4) plastic sachets of suspected dried marijuana Fruiting Tops with an estimated weight of more or less 6 grams with the street price value of One Thousand Pesos (P 1,000.00);
The body search was done in an orderly manner and duly witnessed by Kagawad Joselito Eviota of Brgy. Taft, Surigao City and Mr. Jerson Galotera, Media representative from RMN-DXRS.
Report on Apprehension for Violation of Sec. 66 of Municipal Ordinance No. 03-03. (Ban on Gathering of Pebbles)
On January 3, 2021 around 5:50PM personnel of Socorro Municipal Police Station together with the personnel of 1303rd Maritime of Socorro Monitoring Post led by PSMS Junel O Calamba, conducted an operation on a campaign against the ban on gathering of pebbles in Sitio Mating-ob, Barangay, Pamosaingan, Socorro, Surigao del Norte that resulted in the apprehension of Jomar Engroba Panoncial, 20 years old, single, fisherman and a resident of Barangay Salog, Socorro, Surigao Del Norte for violation of Sec. 66 of Municipal Ordinance No. 03-03. (Ban on the gathering of Pebbles).
The suspect was caught in the act hauling and gathered pebbles at the shoreline of aforesaid place.
Confiscated from the possession of the suspect were fourteen (14) sacks of pebbles with an estimated market value of one thousand four hundred pesos, (P1, 400.00)
Arrested persons and confiscated items are now under the custody of Socorro Municipal Police Station for proper disposition.