Personnel of Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) conducted buy-bust operation on February 26, 2020 around 10:00PM in Purok Santan, Borromeo corner Kaimo Streets, Brgy. Washington, Surigao City, which resulted in the arrest of RONEL GUHILING DIMATERA a.k.a. Nel, Filipino, male, 26 years old, married, unemployed and a resident of Purok 4, Brgy. Canlanipa, Surigao City. Said suspect was a newly identified illegal drug personality of this Police Station and same considered as Street Level Individual (SLI). The arrested person was informed of his Constitutional Rights under the Miranda Doctrine and the Anti-Torture Law upon his arrest.
Confiscated items from the possession and control of suspect were listed as follows;
- One plastic sachet of suspected Shabu bought by the poseur-buyer from the arrested suspect with an estimated weight at more or less 0.05 gram with Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) value of Five Hundred Ninety Pesos (P 590.00) @ (Php 11,800.00) per gram;
- One Five Hundred Peso Bill (P 500.00) marked money;
- One black OPPO cellular phone;
- Cash money amounting to Six Hundred Fifty Pesos (P650.00) in different denominations; and
- One plastic sachet of suspected Shabu with an estimated weight at more or less .05 gram with Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) value of Five Hundred Ninety Pesos (P 590.00) @ (Php 11,800.00) per gram;
The body search on the arrested suspect mentioned was done in an orderly manner and duly witnessed by Hon. Wilson Cuaresma, Barangay Kagawad of Brgy. Washington, Surigao City and Mr. Jerson Galotera, Media representative from RMN-DXRS.
A case for violation of Section 5 and 11 Article II, of RA 9165 was being prepared for filing in court against the mentioned arrested suspect.