Personnel of Socorro Municipal Police Station arrested one EFREN GALANIDA CORDITA, 48 years old, male, Filipino, married, driver, and a resident of Brgy. Navarro, Socorro, Surigao del Norte on March 10, 2020 around 9:30AM in the aforesaid address by virtue of Warrant of Arrest issued by Honorable Presiding Judge Honorable Cesar P. Bordalba of RTC 10TH Judicial Region, Branch 31, Dapa, Surigao del Norte dated March 2, 2020. Subject was informed of his rights under the Miranda Warning and Anti-Torture during the arrest.
The arrested person is wanted for Violation of Section 68 of PD. No. 705 docketed under Criminal Case Number 20-17 with recommended bail of Twenty Four Thousand Pesos (P24, 000.00). Subject person is in custody of Socorro Municipal Police Station, Socorro, Surigao del Norte for proper disposition.
Arrest of Illegal Drugs Personality
Joint elements of PDEA 13 SDNPO led by IA III MARK ANTHONY D. PALER, Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) personnel of Surigao City, personnel from Surigao Del Norte Police Provincial Office(SDNPPO) Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit (PDEU) and personnel from Police Regional Office 13 (PRO13) Regional Intelligence Division (RID), conducted buy-bust operation on March 10, 2020 at about 6:25 PM, in Macrisia Village, Brgy. Luna, Surigao City which resulted in the arrest of RENE IBARRA MORALES aka Boyong, male, Filipino, 40 years old, married, unemployed and a resident of the aforementioned place.
Confiscated items from the possession and control of the suspects were listed as follows;
- One (1) plastic sachet of suspected shabu bought by the poseur buyer from the suspect and one (1) plastic sachet of suspected shabu from his possession with an estimated weight of more or less 1 gram with Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) value of Eleven Thousand Pesos (P 11,000.00);
- One (1) One Thousand Peso bill (P1,000.00) marked money;
- One (1) One Thousand peso bill as boodle money; and
- One (1) white gold Iphone Cellphone
The body search on the arrested suspect mentioned were done in an orderly manner and duly witnessed by Hon. Carlos Espina, Brgy. Kagawad of Brgy. Luna, Surigao City, Mr Jerson Galotera, Media Representative from RMN-DXKS and Mr. Vladimir Ensomo, DOJ/NPS representative.
Cases for violation of Section 5 and 11 Article II, of RA 9165 were being prepared for filing in court against the mentioned arrested suspects.
Accomplishment on R.A. 9165
Personnel of Claver Municipal Police Station, 2nd SDN-PMFC, and 132nd MC, RMFB 13, conducted joint buy-bust operation on March 11, 2020 around 1:05AM, in Purok 6, Taganito, Claver, Surigao del Norte that resulted in the arrest of Berlin Liberato Gala, aka “DJ”, 41 years old, married, resident of Purok 4, Taganito, Claver, Surigao Del Norte, employee of SDNP THPAL and has voluntarily surrendered during Project Tokhang last 2016. The arrested person was informed of his constitutional rights under the Miranda Doctrine and the Anti-Torture Law during his arrest.
Confiscated items from the possession and control of suspect were listed as follows;
- One (1) pc. Small transparent plastic sachet containing suspected shabu bought by the poseur-buyer;
- One (1) pc. One Thousand Peso Bill with serial no. BK807152 (marked money) with star sign in the forehead of Josefa Llanes Escoda marked as LDP-01 with signature;
- One (1) unit Cherry Mobile Touch screen Cellphone color blue marked as LDP-02 with signature;
- One (1) pc. Lighter color Green marked as LDP-03 with signature;
- One (1) pc. Winston Cigarette Case used to wrap the small transparent plastic sachet of suspected shabu marked as LDP-04 with signature;
- One (1) pc. Small transparent plastic sachet containing suspected shabu marked as LDP-04-A with signature; and
- Three (3) pcs. of One Hundred Peso Bill with serial nos. YQ698838, ZC187098 and DK806805 marked as LDP-05 with signature.
The body search on the arrested suspect was done in the area of operation and in an orderly manner duly witnessed by Hon. Ramon G. Erazo, Barangay Kagawad of Barangay Taganito, Claver, Surigao Del Norte, Mr. Jessie L. Digol, DOJ Representative and Mr. Jerry G. Escutin, Media Representative.
The confiscated Two (2) sachet of suspected shabu weighing more or less 0.7 gram with an estimated SDP value of Eight Thousand Two Hundred Sixty (P 8,260.00).
A case for violation of Section 5 and 11 Article II, of RA 9165 was being prepared for filing in court against the mentioned arrested suspect.
Fatal Traffic Accident
A fatal traffic accident transpired along National Highway in P-5, Brgy. San Pedro, Sison, Surigao del Norte on March 10, 2020 around 6:20PM, that involved one (1) Black HERO SKYGO motorcycle(V-1) registered in the name of Vilma A Capilitan of San Pedro, Sison, Surigao del Norte driven by MANUELITO FLORIA CAPILITAN, 55 years old, married, carpenter, back rider VILMA AVILA CAPILITAN (Wife), 50 years old and CRISTAL JOY CAPILITAN CAHIPE(Granddaughter), 5 years old, and all are residents of P-6, Brgy. San Pedro, Sison, Surigao del Norte; and one RED-ORANGE FUSU MIXER TRUCK(V-2) with plate No. CAT 8307, registered to Murami Subic Trading Corp. of Olongapo City, driven by one ROBERT REYES SALAMERO, 47 years old, married, a resident of Minaga, Morong, Bataan and a native of Inambagan, Samar.
Investigation disclosed that prior the accident V-1 was traveling towards Surigao City while V-2 was traveling towards Butuan City. Upon reaching the aforementioned place of accident, the Mixer Truck (V-2) suddenly encroach the opposite lane and accidentally bumped the approaching motorcycle that resulted in the instantaneous death of the motorcycle driver and his wife while their granddaughter was brought immediately to Caraga Regional Hospital but was later declared dead by the attending Physician. Upon investigation, said V-2 driver was believed to be under the influence of intoxicating liquor.
Both vehicles were brought to this station while the driver of V-2 is now detained at this station.